In order to create a lending or borrowing application, first of all, you need to verify your identity. We’ll ask you to provide some personal information. It is necessary to prevent money laundering according to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations. Here is a quick guide to ensure you pass the verification at once.
STEP 1. Personal information
For this and the next steps, you will need your identity document — national ID card, passport or driver’s license. All the information in your document should be provided in English or with English transliteration.
Step 1 requires your personal information. Please fill the gaps as it is shown on the picture in Latin letters using the data from the ID document.
STEP 2. Identity Document
Here we’ll ask you to upload scans or photos of your ID document and provide some additional info. Please note that documents shall be valid due to the issue date.
Now it’s time to upload your photos/scans of the front and the back of your ID document. Please make sure that your files follow such requirements:
- Documents are valid due to the issue date;
- The scanned images should be in color and good quality;
- Picture files should be in JPG, GIF, PNG, PDF or TIFF formats;
- The file size should not be more than 10 MB;
- Photos/scans should not be older than three months;
- Documents should be issued in Latin letters or have Latin transliteration of key information.
- Photos/scans shouldn’t be edited in a photo editor.
- On both pictures, the document should be fully visible, with four corners.
We also require a real-time selfie of you holding your document. It allows us to confirm the identity of the account holder and makes it difficult for somebody to fake your identity. The photo should include your head and shoulders, similar to a passport or ID photo.
Please make sure that your photo follows such requirements:
- The photo should be in color and good quality;
- You should look directly into a camera.
- No sunglasses or hats.
- Use a plain monochrome background.
- Information on your document should be readable.
- Avoid red-eye effect.
- Make sure that the photo has sufficient contrast.
STEP 3. Proof of Address
Please, provide photos/scans of documents proving the address stated in the Verification form.
Choose one of the following options:
- Utility bill;
- Electricity bill;
- Bank statement;
- Tax return, council tax;
- Other documents except of electronic bills/statements, online screenshots, mobile phone bills or credit card statements.
If you have an online version of a utility or an electricity bill only, you can provide it under the following conditions:
- Upload all the pages of the document in PDF format.
- Take a screenshot from the site of origin of your document. The open document you’re providing and the site address should be clearly visible on the screenshot.
Please make sure that your files follow such requirements:
- The document has been issued within the last three months;
- Documents provided are valid due to the issue date;
- The proof of residency document has been issued to your name;
- The proof of residency document is addressed to a place of residence (not a P.O. Box or any sided address);
- The proof of residency document should be a photo/scan of a paper document;
- Documents should be issued in Latin letters;
- The proof of residency document contains the date of issuance.
If you don’t have any documents with Latin transliteration from the above-mentioned ones, you can choose one of these options:
- A bank statement with your name and address in English;
- An official confirmation with a signature and stamp from your work/college/university/care institution containing your name, address and details of employment/studies/residency status.
When all the requirements are met, the process of account verification starts. It usually takes up to 24 hours. Our team will review and approve all the information as soon as possible and you’ll get an email confirmation once your application is being checked.
Our goal is to make sure that the ID verification process is as easy as possible for you so you can get started on CoinLoan. If you have any issues you can reach us via email@example.com.